Monday 16 May 2011

Apple Crunch

This recipe I recently rediscovered after finding there was no bread or milk in the house for breakfast. It's simple, quick and uses mostly staple items from the pantry, so you don't even have to go shopping for ingredients!
The truly great thing about this recipe is that it can double as a snack or dessert and it comes in at 351 calories! Yum!

INGREDIENTS:

1 apple, cored and sliced (You can replace the apple with pear or use a mixture of both)
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 tablespoons of quick oats (fast cooking oats)
2 tablespoons plain flour
1/8 of a teaspoon ground cinammon
1 tablespoon reduced-fat margarine/butter, softened

METHOD:

The oven should be preheated to 175°C. Place the sliced apples into a small baking tray, covering the bottom.
I chose to use a red apple, because I like the sweeter taste. If I was cooking an apple pie I would use green apples. Combine all the dry ingredients into a small bowl.
 Rub in the margarine with your fingers (you can use a fork but using your fingers works better) until the mixture starts too look like crumbs.
Sprinkle this mixture over the fruit and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes. The fruit should be tender when pierced and my mixture crunchy. Take out of the oven and allow to slightly cool.
One of the bowls I made, served with yogurt! So tasty! A quick and easy snack, meal or dessert!

Give it a try and tell me how you go!

Happy Cooking!

Naé Danielle..

No comments:

Post a Comment