Sunday 1 May 2011

Gouda Cookies

I came across this recipe and thought I like cheese and cookies.. why not give this a shot?
I ended up with a tasty cookie that my family loved!

INGREDIENTS:

1 2/3 cups of grated Gouda cheese.
1 cup of flour
3 1/2 tbsp of baking powder
A pinch of black pepper
A pinch of nutmeg

METHOD:

Prepare all the ingredients to start off with. The oven should be set at 200°C.
Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend until all the ingredients are combined. The mixture will be very crumbly (and messy!), so make sure you're prepared.
This is how crumbly the mixture is!

Once you take it out of the blender, press it together into a flat circle, wrap in plastic and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.

To be honest, I'm not sure what putting it in the fridge actually did, because once I took it out, my mixture still looked like this
In any case I kept cooking! Spread some flour on a board and place your 'disc' on top. Roll out the mixture thinly and use a cookie cutter until all the mixture is used up. I found that a rolling pin was no help with my mixture, so I used my hands instead.
I made my cookies way too thick! I didn't realise how much they would rise in the oven!

Place onto a tray lined with baking paper and place in oven. In about 10 minutes the cookies should turn slightly golden brown. Remove and allow to cool.
Serve with grapes, cream cheese, or anything that goes with cheese cookies!
Have a go at making these cookies yourself! Have you got any ideas for making this recipe easier to manage? Maybe some form of liquid?


Happy Cooking!


Naé Danielle..

No comments:

Post a Comment